DanaSquare

DanaSquare

I read, review and Fangirl about books on my blog! danasquare.blogspot.com

A Game of Thrones
Rainbow Rowell
Some Quiet Place
Kelsey Sutton
The Burning Sky

Wait for You (Wait for You, #1)

Wait for You  -  Jennifer L. Armentrout, J. Lynn Wait For You is the best new adult book that I have so far which is by J.Lynn the adult/new adult pen name for the author Jennifer L. Armentrout. I have read quite a few and Wait For You has everything that you could want in it. Obviously from the amount of raving reviews I have of books by Jennifer L. Armentrout I had high expectations for this book. I LOVED it so much! I started it on a Saturday night and finished it early Sunday morning. It was all I could think about.I think Wait For You had the best mix of a serious topic and a great love story. It had a lot of mystery concerning what was the main character Avery's back story and who was harassing her. I liked that at times it was a major part of the story but at others it was just a minor detail. I enjoyed that this wasn't a love story but just the main character Avery's story and development after her crisis at home.All the other new adult books that I have read they were just telling a love story. The characters may be flawed but that is as far as they go. I loved that Wait For You was extremely character driven. For most of the book Avery and Cam were just friends and I loved that, though Cam always wanted more from his relationship with Avery. I loved Avery's friends. Also the fact that her guy friend was gay was a great detail. I am so sick of bland side characters. But i feel like they didn't know her very well. They didn't realize there was something wrong. Cam did though and He may not have known what happened to her but he knew something had. The only thing I didn't like about this story was the way that Avery reacted to everything. All she did was push people away. Then would get upset that no one (Cam) was there.The ending though was not what I expected but it left a very content feeling as a reader. I liked that everything was resolved for the most part. Her parents will always be horrible but there is a chance of her dad coming through. The girl who was raped reaction wasn't great but understandable. I think the way J.Lynn concluded the story with her calling to talk was heartwarming. Cam and Avery ending up together was obviously amazing.There is actually going to be a sequel but more of a companion novel. This will tell the story of Cam's sister as she starts college. I am super excited because she has a similar back story as Avery but is a very different person than Avery. I can't wait for to read more of these characters, pun intended.