DanaSquare

DanaSquare

I read, review and Fangirl about books on my blog! danasquare.blogspot.com

A Game of Thrones
Some Quiet Place
Kelsey Sutton
The Burning Sky

The Way We Fall

The Way We Fall - Megan Crewe This book was definitely not what I expected it to be. It was probably one of the best books I have read this year. I thought this was going to be a dystopian post-apocalyptic book but it is set in the present time. The fact that it was more realistic made it extremely scary! This book’s is set up in a series of letters to the main character Kaelyn's friend who doesn't live on the quarantined island. The letters worked out very well and setup the story in an interesting creative way. I liked that the romance was kept to a minimum. This story was more than just a love story. But I think when you are reading this book you needed something to brightened up this very depressing book! Speaking of depressing I didn't expect so many people to die! This book made me cry so many times! All the feels were just too much. The only thing is that I wish there was a chapter in the beginning, not in letter form, that set up the relationship between the narrator and the friend she wrote the letters to. It made the story hard to keep up with and I just wanted to understand the family a little more! It was hard to sift through the information that was given throughout the book to figure out Kaelyn's life before the virus outbreak.This story was highly addicting and I just couldn't put this book down! I definitely think readers will love the mystery and adventure when a virus breaks out on an island and the outside world turns their backs on the victims and survivors! You just need to read The Way We Fall because it will freak the shit out of you in the most common way by getting sick.P.S. - I was really expecting people to rise from the dead as zombies! Yeah that didn't happen I was slightly disappointed.