DanaSquare

DanaSquare

I read, review and Fangirl about books on my blog! danasquare.blogspot.com

A Game of Thrones
Some Quiet Place
Kelsey Sutton
The Burning Sky

The Goddess Test

The Goddess Test - Aimee Carter So I am pretty late in the Goddess Test band wagon but I am really glad I read this. At first I wasn't so sure about this book for several reasons but by the time I got to the end it all made sense and I was definitely happily surprised.As a character I liked Kate. She was mature and she definitely was a great protagonist. She grew through out the story, but what I loved most was how she reacted to the situation she was in with having a mother with cancer. She was so loyal and such a good person. My problem with her was that she was extremely gullible at times. Which leads to my overall problem was that the beginning of this book was not very believable and was slightly corny. Usually I never think that about YA books and just go along with it but this one was crazy that some guy brings a girl you hated back to life and then you have stay with him for 6 months out of the year like the Greek Myth.After I got over that fact and started to get hooked I really enjoyed the story. Aimee used Greek Mythology in such an interesting way. In many ways she was able to humanize the Gods by making Kate think they were human. I was surprised by how the book ended and realizing what the Goddess Test was which it was based on the Seven Deadly Sins. I found it funny that when you put the way these characters acted and connected it to the Greek Gods they really were it made sense. I loved Henry as a character. He was definitely the character that had the most layers. I liked the spin that Aimee took saying Persephone had free will in the choice and by saying that she showed how her leaving him was so devastating for. He loved her so much and I am glad that he was able to move on with Kate. But it is weird that technically they are sisters so you can see a problem with him not truly loving her for her. But hopefully there will be more of a love story development in the sequel because that was slightly too fast! Also I was so confused by the whole love potion because I thought that was what was leading up to in their actual relationship but that is beside the point.So I definitely don't know where this story can go from here but I am super excited to see and for some reason I want Kate to have a relationship with someone other than Henry though I like him I just need to more conflict!