DanaSquare

DanaSquare

I read, review and Fangirl about books on my blog! danasquare.blogspot.com

A Game of Thrones
Rainbow Rowell
Some Quiet Place
Kelsey Sutton
The Burning Sky

Bloodlines the Indigo Spell (Bloodlines (Mead - Hardcover))

The Indigo Spell - Richelle Mead If you aren't as obsessed with this series as I am Sydrian = Sydney + Adrian just informing you so that when you see it you don't think I am spelling characters names wrong!Is the highly anticipated third book in the bloodlines series by Richelle Mead. I am still so surprised at how addicted I am to this spin off series. It is so different from Vampire Academy but I am obsessed! Sydney's perspective on this world is so contrasting to Rose. I miss Rose and her humor but I think Sydney is more relatable for the average teenage girl. We did get a small scene with Rose in this book which was great.I really loved the expansion of magic in this book hello baby dragon adorableness! The multiple plot lines that created many conflicts were fantastic. There was never a dull moment in this book! With all the crazyness of finding Marcus Finch, Angeline, Witches, the wedding, and so much more.The wedding was one of my favorite parts of this book and maybe even the series. Adrian asking Sydney to dance was so adorable and though people didn't realize it was because of him actually liking her it was great. This was the first time in the spin off that we got to see Lissa and Christian again! Rose and Dimitri are just so perfect for each other. I love that this series gives Adrian a happy ending. I always felt bad in Vampire Academy knowing that Rose was going to end up with Dimitri and Adrian was going to end up alone!I was really frustrated with Sydney starting this book and throughout it. The Golden Lily had this expectation that they were going to put aside the prejudices of society. But Richelle Mead dangled Sydrian in front of us then ripped it from us! But Adrian chasing after Sydney in the book was wonderfully adorable and funny! Them being Mother and father to the baby dragon gave my heart so many warm fuzzy feeling. And again in this book Sydney finally realizes she needs to be with him then her sister shows up and thwarts our happiness! Richelle Mead how dare you take away our feels!Marcus Finch was a surprisingly good character! I want to know more about him and his story. It was weird thinking of him being a romantic interest for Sydney. How OLD is this guy? I know he isn't that old for her but I pictured him older so it was creepy for me. I was conflicted about Sydney not being an alchemist. I want her to be away from them because they can't be trusted but if she does this series changes and she can no longer maintain her job!I am happy that Sydney will be able have her sister there. Hopefully their relationship will grow and heal. But I really don't like her as a character I find her to be whiny bitchy, and I think she will do whatever it takes to get ahead. I don't think Sydney can trust her sister to look out for her! I hope Adrian and Sydney will be able to have a relationship with out being caught!