DanaSquare

DanaSquare

I read, review and Fangirl about books on my blog! danasquare.blogspot.com

A Game of Thrones
Some Quiet Place
Kelsey Sutton
The Burning Sky

The Vincent Boys

The Vincent Boys  - Abbi Glines The Vincent Boys has been one of those hyped books that I wasn't sure if it was worth it. I was expecting not to like this book just because I am more of a fantasy or science fiction reader but I loved it. The Vincent Boys has a really fantastic love triangle which for some reason is something that people aren't enjoying lately. What makes the love triangle in this book special is that both boys represent apart of the narrator Ashton and she has to decide whether she knows who she wants to be. Sawyer is the good boy and the guy that Ashton's father who is a Pastor (I am not sure if that is the correct terminology) would approve of. Beau, on the other hand, is the town's resident bad boy. They just so happen to be cousins that Ashton grew up with. Beau and Ashton were always closer when they were young, up until Ashton started dating Sawyer. There was never a doubt for me that Ashton belonged with Beau. Beau was a fantastic character for me he was funny and brooding. I wasn't the biggest fan of Sawyer more towards the end of the book once people found out about Ashton cheating on him with Beau. I felt that what he did or really didn't do was horrible. But once everything was resolved and we got our happy ending I liked him again.What I love about this story is that it is set in the south. As a native New Yorker it is always interesting for me to read about how different life can be in one country. The Southern setting to me just gives a book a different feeling examples Beautiful Creatures and All of Nicholas Spark's novels.The Vincent Boys has a lot of qualities that remind me of a Soap Opera mainly the fact of the real family connection between Beau and Sawyer. That to me was cheesy. Another thing that I wasn't a huge fan of was the reaped phrase that Ashton and Beau kept saying. Ashton referred to the part of her that wanted to be with Beau as her inner bad girl which said once isn't that annoying but over and over was just irritating. Other than that this story is absolutely amazing.The Vincent Boys is an incredible love story that will leave you dying for more. You will definitely be wanting Beau to be a real life guy!